Job description – Editorial Manager
Mexico Business Publishing’s industry-leading Mexico Oil & Gas Review and Mexico Energy Review are annual publications that provide the insights and perspectives of key stakeholders and decision-makers on the trends shaping both industries. Based on one-on-one interviews with nearly 200 top business leaders, these yearly reviews are must-reads for anyone wanting an insider’s perspective. We are a young company with an eye to growth.
We’re looking for a skilled editorial hand to lead the small publication team for both books, helping to craft the major themes, identify the leading voices who will address those themes, create insightful interviews to gain necessary business insight and direct the overall approach and coordination of each publication.
The ideal candidate is an experienced editor, with native-English level writing skills and fluent in Spanish. This candidate has managed editorial teams or has worked effectively in a senior role as part of an integrated editorial team. Candidates should exhibit strong leadership and organizational skills and take pride in excelling as a team player. Ability to stick to deadlines and deep knowledge of Mexico’s oil and gas and energy industries are must-haves.
This full-time role is in Mexico City under local terms.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Successfully identifying the key trends driving each industry and translating those into coherent themes for each book
- Successfully crafting the kinds of questions for interviews that will garner business intelligence
- Successfully editing copy into strong, coherent stories that provide business insight
- Developing an appropriate editorial schedule for each book and ensuring deadlines on a weekly and monthly basis
- Coordinating interview schedule with Commercial team to maximize advertising opportunities
- Coordinating content for simultaneous publication on multiple platforms, including our webpage, blog, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Successfully managing a young editorial team
- Successfully coordinating material insertion with the design team to meet exacting deadlines
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly editorial targets
- Manage relationships among team members
- Readiness to conduct interviews with industry leaders when needed, always keeping in mind the need to support the side commercial team and drive advertising revunue
- Transcription (and translation) of interviews in Spanish and English
- Work experience: 2-5+ years of experience working in journalism or in an editorial capacity
- Experience managing editorial teams or in a senior editorial role is preferred• Excellent command of written English grammar and knowledge of AP style• Strong written and oral communication skills; fluency in Spanish and English is a requirement
- Deep knowledge of Mexico’s oil and gas and energy sectors is preferred
- Experience using social media to deliver content and a good eye for editorial layout are preferred
Click Here To Apply